Green Impact Project Assistants for the Highland Council
Organisation name: SOS-UK/the Highland Council
Organisation location: United Kingdom
The Highland Council is participating in Green Impact
delivered by Students Organising for Sustainability-UK
. Green Impact
is a programme which supports environmentally and socially sustainable practice in universities, colleges, councils, NHS trusts, schools etc. It suggests what people can do in their workplace/place of study to make a difference and guides them how to do this by encouraging teams to complete actions from a bespoke toolkit and then auditing teams after 9 months to award them bronze, silver or gold awards for their work.
The Highland Council has 20 teams participating in Green Impact and will soon be launching in schools. We are looking for UHI students to act as Green Impact Project Assistants to encourage, motivate and support an assigned Green Impact team/school in implementing sustainability actions in its department or area of work and/or to lead a Green Impact Audit.
Flexible hours - the number of hours you can commit are up to you from 1 hour a week to more!
You will receive support from the Highland Council and SOS-UK including auditor training and access to exclusive workshops on sustainability.
Project Assistant aims
- Increase the individual support available for Green Impact Teams, by providing creative input, leading where necessary and taking on specific tasks from the toolkit
- Help us to create a school and council toolkit by providing ideas
- Increase student-staff collaboration within Green Impact
- Support the Green Impact auditor process
- Equip you with useful skills for future employability!
- Attending/leading team meetings
- Help us to engage schools and council staff with Green Impact
- Help us to create the online toolkit for schools and the council
- Implementing specific toolkit actions
- Maintain the online toolkit, keeping track of progress and uploading evidence
- Creating communications such as newsletters and posters
- Lead an audit
For more information, please contact Highland Council Climate Change Coordinator Joe Perry at email@example.com.
UN Sustainability Development Goals
When does the project start? ASAP
Status: Available to partner