Name: Disability North
Category: Equality & inclusion
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Project summary: *Not Currently Available to Partner*
Looking for students interested in researching in the areas of disability and/or independent living.
Disability North has worked with and for disabled people for over 30 years. We are committed to the social model of disability and work by empowering disabled people to maximise the control they have over their own lives. Disability North's aims are to:
- Promote inclusion, independence and choice for disabled people;
- Provide impartial information, advice, support and representation (where appropriate) on all aspects of disability issues, including welfare rights, direct payments, and assistive equipment and adaptations;
- Organise and run a range of relevant disability related conferences and events; and
- Keep up to date with disability issues at local, regional, and national levels to ensure we continue to identify and meet the needs of disabled people within the north east region.
Disability North's objectives are to:
- Alleviate poverty and social exclusion;
- Empower disabled people to make the best choices in relation to independent living and assistive equipment; and
- Raise awareness of disability issues and promote social cohesion.
I am interested in students proposing research projects in any area of disability, the social model of disability, and independent living.
Number of students partnered with:
Current status: In progress