Placements for Good connects talented university and college students with forward thinking ambitious charities, public-sector organisations and businesses to work in partnership for social, environmental and economic benefit.
2018 – 19 is the year of our exciting new pilot delivery of Placements for Good. We have a limited number of universities and colleges taking part in the South, South West and South Wales. During the pilot year placement partnerships are only open to students from participating institutions to ensure we can provide high quality support and development opportunities.
Placements for Good provides a high-quality placements framework to support student employability and progress for sustainability in organisations and businesses across the regions we serve.
We are taking a cohort approach for the programme. Students from participating institutions will come together for pre-placement training and again post-placements at a For Good conference and celebration.
Pre-placement training will include the following areas to enhance their skill sets and support their transition into the work place:
- Employer expectations
- Communication skills
- Professional conduct
- Team working
- Leadership skills
- Exploring the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Conducting a sustainability audit
- Leading change
- Create a profile now to increase your chances of finding the perfect partner (organisation or student)
- Shortlisting will be finalised between April – May 2019, this may be earlier depending on applicant numbers.
- Pre-placement training will be in June (date TBC)
- Placements for 2018 - 19 will commence in summer 2019
- The For Good conference will be in autumn 2019
Students from participating institutions are invited to create a placement profile and start searching for a possible placement opportunity.
Our participating institutions for 2018 – 19 are:
• University Centre South Devon
• Solent University
• University of Wales Trinity Saint David’s - Carmarthen Business School
If you are interested in your university or college taking part in 2019, please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information and to discuss this further.